Archivo del blog

martes, 10 de julio de 2012

A new Adventure began: TKT. 15 teachers involved in a new challenge, willing to improve their skills as English teachers.
The first discussion was about grammar. Personally I love Grammar. Being proficient in other languages and interested in the behaviour of other languages, perhaps I know better than other people the advantages of knowing the grammar of a language.
But my first surprise was when we started to discuss about the tenses in English, We always talk about many different tenses, like Simple present, Present continuous, Simple Past, Present perfect, conditional, etc. At least in my own words, English has many tenses, but verbs show up in 3 forms: Present, Past and Participle. But the answer given by today’s scholars of Cambridge University is something totally new for me: In English there are just 2 tenses, Present and Past. The rest of the presentations and forms of the verbs are called “Aspects”.  Something new in case I want to have formal chats with the experts of this and any other language!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario