Archivo del blog

miércoles, 11 de julio de 2012


Languages are like any Living Being: They were born, then they grow up, they reproduce and die.
I don’t like teaching my students just the content of a course book. I like to give my students examples of what they will find once they move (Visit) an English speaking country.
One of the best web pages I found, where I can get help for my classes is the http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish
I always recommend this web page to my colleagues from the University.  
But how does BBC help me to teach that languages are living?   A language is living as long as is producing new expressions, idioms, and it’s grammar tends to change. Thanks to BBC I know some useful idioms like:  “Monkey business”, or “It’s not my cup of Tea”, or “¨Pigs might fly”. But a special credit must be given to “The Teacher” (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/language/theteacher/index.shtml ) and his fantastic sessions with old and new idioms, from the Dickensian ones to some other more updated. Thanks to the Teacher, I am interested in research more about English idioms and slangs, and my understanding of TV programs and everyday conversations has improved. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario